As the international leader in audit and information security training since 1978, MIS Training Institute (MISTI) offers exciting opportunities for skilled professionals seeking challenging work in a stimulating environment. (If you are interested in becoming a MISTI instructor, please go to Call for Speakers.)
MISTI also offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and a Cafeteria Reimbursement/Section 125 plan.
Event Marketing Associate, Conferences
MIS Training Institute (MISTI) seeks a dynamic, results-oriented Event Marketing Associate to join its team. This junior marketer will be responsible for helping to support the marketing team in reaching event recruitment goals for over 7+ annual conferences. Marketing responsibilities include creating promotional materials, copywriting and tracking conference marketing campaigns, populating and maintaining event websites and managing the execution of partnership deliverables. The primary goals of the marketing team are to increase attendance at MISTI’s paid-model events through effective digital and direct marketing campaigns and manage audience development and retention efforts.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Writing engaging copy for and assembling marketing materials, including conference brochures, promotional materials, event invitations, email blasts, show guides, on-site slides, etc.
- Tracking promotions, analyzing results and making informed recommendations
- Identifying, developing and managing partnership opportunities with industry associations and media sponsors
- Proofreading digital and direct marketing materials
- Assisting in post-event analysis
- Supporting the sales team by providing event attendee lists and demographics and assisting in the creation of collateral
- Maintaining social media accounts and regular postings
- Providing day-to-day assistance on additional projects with direction from Marketing Managers
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and work under tight deadlines, especially during peak conference times
- Willingness to travel to MISTI conferences when needed to help staff events
- 1-2 years of direct marketing experience
- Event marketing experience a plus
- Familiarity with or a strong interest in learning about the information security and audit spaces
- Bachelor’s degree